Microsoft Office 365 Enterprise
Great teams are built on great communication
Office365 Enterprise Products:
|Office E1||Office E3||Office E5|
|Email and Calendar||Included||Included||Included|
|Teams - IM, Voice, Video Chat||Included||Included||Included|
|Yammer, Video, Sharepoint||Included||Included||Included|
|OneDrive for Business, Delve||Included||Included||Included|
|Microsoft Office Apps Online||Included||Included||Included|
|Office Client/Desktop Apps||Included||Included|
|Power BI Pro License||Included|
|Skype Integrations with Telephone System||Included|
|Security & Backup Features||Exchange Online Protection, Archive||+ Data Loss Prevention, Rights Management, eDiscovery||+ Advanced Threat Protection, Customer Lockbox|
O365 E1 is the "lightest" version of the Enterprise level plans. The application and services included in E1 are: Email and Calendars via Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Social with Yammer, communication and team sites with SharePoint, OneDrive for Business with 1TB cloud storage, Delve for content discovery, StaffHub and Planner to manage daily staff tasks, MS Stream, as well as Teams (which has adopted components and functions of Skype for Business). Within the E1 license you also receive web versions of Office applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, and Publisher.
Though this plan is slightly more expensive than the E1 tier, the added features justify the investment. Within the O365 E3 plan, each user gets the full license and is allowed to install the applications on up to 5 desktops, 5 tablets, AND 5 smartphones. This means you can work anytime from anywhere without hindering workflow and instead become more efficient. The E3 plan includes everything mentioned in the E1 licenses along with some extras:
- MS Office Suite: Users will always receive the most updated versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, OneDrive for Business, Teams, Access, and Publisher.
- Cross-Platform Installation: Users now have the benefit of installing Office applications across devices (Windows, Mac, Android, tablets, smartphones).
- Cloud Storage: O365 E1 comes with 1TB of cloud storage for OneDrive for Business (which is more than enough in most cases). However, with O365 E3, you get 1TB by default and the ability to increase it to 5TB and even 25TB if needed.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP): DLP allows you to comply with business standards and industry regulations in terms of protecting sensitive information and preventing data leaks outside of the organization. DLP is not available in E1.
O365 E5 is the super-powered version of Office and is available for a small increase in cost. In my opinion, the main addition to the E5 license is the fully loaded security features and some analytic tools and voice capabilities. You get everything included in E3 along with a few more benefits:
- Advanced Security & Information Protection: The E5 license takes measures to protect your data from threats like phishing and zero-day malware. In this way, users of E5 stay protected from threats in attachments and links. DLP assures the safety of your content.
- Analytics Tools: This is the only Enterprise plan that offers analytics tools such as MyAnalytics and PowerBI Pro for data analysis and visualization.
|Office365 E1||Office365 E3||Office365 E5|
|Description:||Business services-email, file storage and sharing, Office Online, meetings and IM, and more. Office applications not included.||All the features of ProPlus and Office 365 E1 plus security and compliance tools, such as legal hold, data loss prevention, and more.||All the features of Office 365 E3 plus advanced security, analytics, and voice capabilities.|
|Office Applications Included:||Not Included|